Megasquirt 3 -
basic steps for getting started with your Megasquirt
Follow the links for more detail on these very brief steps.
1. Buy or build your Megasquirt! (Assembly guide)
2. Select and assemble your fuel and ignition systems
3. Setup your vehicle wiring loom ensuring it is fused. (wiring)
4. Connect MAP hose to full vacuum source.
5. Install the tuning software and log analyser
tuning software for Megasquirt 3 is TunerStudio (setup
-The log analyser software is Megalogviewer (download from here)
6. Connect your Megasquirt to a 12V fused supply either
in the car/bike/etc. or on the bench. (See Stim testing page for bench testing)
7. Get serial communications setup (setup page)
8. Install the firmware (Code page) New chips come "blank"
9. Setup sensor calibrations to match hardware. (TPS, O2
sensor, temp sensors.) (link)
10. Check all sensor inputs are reading in TunerStudio.(link)
11. Set the base settings (engine type, ignition setup, wheel type.) Note! Never start creating a tune "from
blank" always use a base tune or start connected to your
12. Check for RPM input (link)
13. Use the test mode to confirm injectors and coil(s) are functioning. (test mode)
14. Check the cranking timing (fuel disabled) (link)
15. Start the engine and start tuning.(link)
16. MS3 manuals and support forum at: http://www.ms3efi.com
If you have a question, comment, or
suggestion for this FAQ please post it on the forum.
No part of this manual may be reproduced or changed
without written permission from James Murray, Ken Culver and Philip