Dropping connection after few minutes

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

staudt
MS/Extra Newbie

Dropping connection after few minutes

Post by staudt »

MS3 with USB, Nexus 7 2012 (rooted), worked fine. I broked the screen so bought the Nexus 7 2013.

Now With my new Nexus 7 (2013) (not-rooted). The connection gets lost after a few minutes. MSdroid does not report a disconnection.

My HTC one has the same problem. Al works fine (load-, save-tune, log etc.) but after a few minutes all activity stops on the MSdroid screen.

I must than plug out the USB cable and reconnect the USB cable, and things are running again.

Does anyone else have this problem? What must I do?
staudt
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Dropping connection after few minutes

Post by staudt »

Got it, turns out that the saved tune to the ECU was corrupt. After loading an old tune, the new Nexus 2013 was running OK.

Strange that the old tables was running OK with the tune.
staudt
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by staudt »

No, problem is still there. Any one else problems dropping connections with USB?

I have two devices both not rooted, that are dropping usb connections (HTC one and Nexus 7 2013).

- Dash indicaters freezes
- No indication of disconnecting (no disconnect message)
- After reconnect usb cable things work fine for few minutes.

MSDroid and MS Shadow Dash have both this issue.
tbrunson
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tbrunson »

I have had the same issue for a while as well. It also seems to freeze my %PWM PID at some arbitrary number at times as well. I am running the most current firmware, and have tried reflashing it, as well as reloading MSDroid, but nothing seems to work.

I have a suspicion that the serial/BT adapter is getting slightly loose because of the gender changer. I don't have any screws holding it together because of that.

When it happens, I usually find the serial/BT adapter loose. I'm going to try some zip ties and see where this gets me. I didn't want to permanently mpount the BT device quite yet until I'm done testing it out. I've had it for 6 months, but I'm not quite ready to call it good until that issue is resolved.
staudt
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by staudt »

Solved:

The problem was noise on the lines. I put a huge ferrite core on the USB cable at the side of the ECU.

Probably the Nexus 7 (2012) was not as much effected by this then the Nexus 7 (2013).

I'm running the ECU now without a problem.